Chocolate Caramel Cake Recipe
IngredientsFor the cake
- 225g salted butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- 80g caramel pieces
For the icing
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 120 gr dark chocolate
To decorate the cake
- Fudge, I used +/− 80gr
1. Heat the oven to 160C fan and grease a Bundt Pan.
2. Beat the butter and both sugars for a few minutes until you get a fluffy mixture.
3. Add the vanilla extract.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour and beating the mixture in between.
5. Add the remaining flour and 2 tablespoons of milk and beat until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the chocolate chips one tablespoon at a time, carefully folding the chips into the batter every time.
7. Add the caramel pieces using the same method.
8. Pour the batter into your cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. You can test to see if the cake is done with a skewer. Insert the skewer into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean, you’re good to go!
1. Heat the whipping cream in a pan until it starts to boil.
2. Add the chocolate to the whipping cream, one tablespoon at a time, stirring till the chocolate chips have melted into the cream.
3. Carefully pour the icing over the cake.
You can simply cut the fudge pieces and sprinkle them over the cake. However, you can also make things unnecessarily difficult for yourself and do what I did, which is use a sieve to make tiny fudge flakes and sprinkle those over the cake.
Et voilà! If you use this recipe, do send me a photo of your finished product on Instagram (@florentineviolet), I’d love to see it!